Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Found a Bit of Work!

It seems like time is going by so quickly. Before I know it, it has been a week since I posted! When I stopped by Adecco to give them my bank account number and sign the temp contract, they had a bit of work for me! I worked in a call centre for Care UK, a company that provides in-home care for the elderly across southeast England. I spent 2 and a half hours training on Thursday night, and then worked from 6:30 AM to 2:30 PM on both Saturday and Sunday. It’s interesting work, to say the least. Mostly it involves speaking with carers and clients. An elderly client might be confused about what time (or day even) that their carer is supposed to be there, or a carer might not be able to get into a client’s house, and call us so that we can call the client and ask them to let the carer in. When I turned in my timesheet today, I was asked if I would be interested in doing it again this next weekend, and of course I said I would be. She said she would call me, which is good, because I need the money! At this point, it looks like I’m not going to be able to find a regular job, but hopefully Adecco will be able to keep finding me temp work.

On a side note, I have been absolutely miserable with allergies on and off. The flat gets a bit hot unless the windows are open a little, so I have no relief from this evil hay fever. At Jon’s suggestion, today I finally went down to the pharmacy and bought some allergy medicine. Hopefully it helps, because I might just kill myself if it doesn’t!

One thing I re-noticed when I went into town today: the British will put sunglasses on at the slightest hint of sun. I swear, during my walk into town, it was sunny for about 5 minutes, and during that time, I passed by several people wearing shades. They must just keep them in their pockets/purses so that they can slap them on when the sun starts to peek out from behind the clouds. Poor, hopeful fools.

2 comments:

Rich said...

this is a test.
it was good to talk with you today.
Love,
dad

Rich said...

this is a test from work.
It was good talking to you today.
Love,
Dad