Sunday, May 18, 2008

Getting Ready to Leave

Right, so I’m taking a little hiatus from writing out a packing list to blog. I spent about 5 hours working today, yay! I was working with Technology Services, filming Whitman graduation. This involved standing behind a camera for a few hours directly in the sun in some seriously hot weather. I like filming, but yuck! My boss, Richard, is leaving Whitman this summer, so I said goodbye to him after we were done taking down all the equipment. It’s funny how much I think I’ll miss him. It will be so weird working for someone else!

Anyway, I have to pack and clean my room today, because I leave Walla Walla tomorrow afternoon! My dad and I will drive to Seattle and stay the night at Chris and Margo’s house. My flight leaves the next morning at 8:00 AM, I get into Toronto at 3:32 PM, have a couple hours of layover, leave Toronto at 6:25 PM, and get into London Heathrow at 6:25 AM the next day (Wednesday). Phew! I have to make sure to get to my orientation at 10:30 that morning as well. There should be plenty of time for that, though. After orientation, I have to occupy myself for a few hours then hop on a train. An hour or so later I’ll arrive in Colchester, walk about half a mile (I think) and then I’ll finally be at my home for the summer! That’s about 48 hours of travel. Good lord. But then it’s all in the name of adventure!

Luckily, Jon has Thursday off, so he’ll be able to help me acclimate that day (i.e. take me to the grocery store, etc.). Hopefully we’ll acclimate to living together as well. Hooray to a summer of arguments about the proper resting position of the toilet seat! Of course I’m nervous about heading off to another country for the summer, but I have a feeling it will be one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I suppose I ought to get back to my packing list. More to come soon!

Tchau!

1 comment:

Brook and Kyle said...

I hope you have a great time over there. Keep me updated on how things go.